proactivity, preparation, and opportunity
Presentation information compiled by Moira Docherty PT, DPT & Robert Tsai PT, DPT
This content and material of this presentation (and accompanying article) was curated and prepared for the dance parent, dance studio owner, or dance educator.
If you are looking to invest in and commit to seeking improved care, health and wellness education, and prolonging the career of your dancers, feel free to organize viewings for your community or studio with the following presentation.
You may view this presentation in sections below, or in it's entirely HERE.
Prehab is assisting dancers and performers to take active steps to address known injury-risk factors by building awareness, staying a step ahead, and preparing the dancer to minimize dance injury risk.
Share this PRESENTATION!
- Koutedakis, Yiannis, and Athanasios Jamurtas. "The Dancer As A Performing Athlete". Sports Medicine, vol 34, no. 10, 2004, pp. 651-661.
- Schmit, Jennifer M. et al. "Dynamic Patterns Of Postural Sway In Ballet Dancers And Track Athletes". Experimental Brain Research, vol 163, no. 3, 2005, pp. 370-378.
- Liederbach, Marijeanne et al. "Comparison Of Landing Biomechanics Between Male And Female Dancers And Athletes, Part 2". The American Journal Of Sports Medicine, vol 42, no. 5, 2014, pp. 1089-1095.
- Wyon, Matthew. “Preparing to Perform: Periodization and Dance. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, Volume 14, Number 2, June 2010, pp. 67-72(6)
- Campbell, Ryan S. et al. "Intrinsic Modifiable Risk Factors In Ballet Dancers: Applying Evidence Based Practice Principles To Enhance Clinical Applications". Physical Therapy In Sport, vol 38, 2019, pp. 106-114.
- Liederbach, Marijeanne et al. "What Is Known About The Effect Of Fatigue On Injury Occurrence Among Dancers?". Journal Of Dance Medicine & Science, vol 17, no. 3, 2013, pp. 101-108.
- Ekegren, C.L, et al. Injuries in pre professional ballet dancers: Incidence, characteristics and consequences. J Sci Med Sport. 2014 May;17(3):271-5
- Gamboa, Jennifer M. "Injury Patterns In Elite Pre-Professional Ballet Dancers And The Utility Of Screening Programs To Identify Risk Characteristics". Journal Of Orthopaedic And Sports Physical Therapy, 2008.
- Russell JA. Preventing dance injuries: current perspectives. J Sports Med. 2013;4:199-210.
- Stracciolini A, et al. Resistance Training for Female Pediatric Dancers. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science. 2016;20(2):64-71
- MItchell, Siobhan. The Growing Dancer: Physiological Challenges. 2018, https://www.onedanceuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/One-Dance-UK-The-growing-dancer-Physiological-challenges-by-Siobhan-Mitchell.pdf. Accessed 2 Apr 2020
- Kinney, S. et al. (2018) The Effect of Physical Therapist Involvement in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Youth and Adolescent Dancers’ Injuries. Journal of Dance Medicine and Science, 22(2), 81-83